Welcome back to MyPoetryForum

If you're a new user to this site, then welcome! Glad to have you here! 

If you're a returning member, then firstly, welcome back! And secondly, my heartfelt apologies for having kept this site closed for the last couple of months. Let me try to explain why I had to close it down...

MyPoetryForum is a website that is written completely from the ground up, with no generic website builders or scaffolding tools. All costs related to hosting and running MyPoetryForum is paid for entirely out of my own pocket, and development of it happens entirely in my free time. The technologies used had become stale, and making updates and changes to the site became a major chore for me, given that I'm also a full-time software developer. Furthermore, MyPoetryForum had become the target for spam bots, and spam accounts, which pressured me to rewrite this site, so that I can easier maintain- and make updates to it. These spam accounts can also drive up the cost of hosting... And so I started rewriting this site in October of last year (2022).

Currently almost everything should work as before, with a couple of additions (I will not go into any technical details, but in a nutshell, the architecture and technologies used in this site is now completely different than before, and the site should be a bit more performant):

- I got rid of a large amount of spam accounts and spammy posts (please let me know if you find more).

- Improved overall security.

- Profile picture upload should work again (sorry, I didn't migrate all of the old pictures though, so please upload new ones). I'm also now using a dedicated CDN for profile pictures. 

- The site now has light and dark mode (although it uses your device's color mode preference). I will add a toggle soon.

- The site is mobile responsive. The previous one barely worked on mobile devices.

I'm currently working on bringing back private messages and subscriptions (notifications). Also, account deletion doesn't quite work yet...

Please let me know if there are any features that you feel strongly about, or anything that you would like me to add to this site! Also, if anything is broken or missing, let me know in this thread too.

Lastly, please be kind! Rewriting a website like this is an enormous undertaking, and I am I not receiving anything for it. I am though deliberating over monetizing this site, so please let me know if you have any thoughts around that. I do however plan to keep MyPoetryForum ad free.

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and I'm really excited to read all of your poetry!

About the Site

Sacred

Sacred

I'm a developer. Ohhh poetry... yeah... poetry is awesome

Start a new discussion

Discussion Topics

About MyPoetryForum

If you enjoy poetry, this forum is the ideal place for you to read new poems, meet the authors and improve your own poetry by judging and discussing the poetry of others.